Nuvi 550 + accessories

Kenny

Trustworthy Scouser AND
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the W
OK..never owned one of these and just dipping my toe in the water so to speak.:)

I gather the Nuvi 550 is a tad waterproof so should be OK for the bike...but which mounting do I buy to mount it to a bike? I've seen a scooter one for £8.99 delivered and a more comprehensive kit for £30.00 or so ??

It will be for car and bike and the adverts say it comes with a car charger and mount...should I buy the mains charger as well and just stick to running it on the lithium battery?

Just asking....before I ( possibly) take the plunge :thumb2

IMV the Nuvi 550 was the predecessor for the new Zumo 660 series, yes waterproof, but missing some frills, but in the same style and form factor.

Cradle is a RAM-HOL-GA32 and suitable handlebar mount (metal, has balls, so can absorb shock:eek: and reduce vibration), look at RAM-B-149Z or with short arm, RAM-B-149ZA simplest option.

Depending how far you travel, then self powered under its own Li-on cell or longer treks, consider charging, there are options (QPAC or CLC04B as mentioned) or some do use the car charger, although its not designed for bike use.

If the car cradle and sucker fails, then use RAP-224-1 twist lock with RAM-B-238 onto a clean dry glass surface and this little mother will suck. Then move arm and cradle off bike and into car.

Back
Top Bottom