Procession Caterpillars in UK now WARNING

Hi

That is interesting as the UK article says commonly found on oak trees but where I have a house in Spain it is definitely pine trees that they are found on. I have known them to kill a dog. Need to stay well clear of them.

Derek

I read a story in murcia news, I think, there was a mountain bike race through a pine forest over quite a distance and 200 riders needed first aid after getting to the finish. I heard its like walking through nettles to be stung by a swam of bees. Just like my friggin shingles at moment. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:anger:anger:anger

No real surprise to me Mick, we saw loads of the white nests in pine trees all over Spain and France when we were away this winter. Can be lethal to dogs so Google for more information and be very careful with your four legged friends.

I read a story in murcia news, I think, there was a mountain bike race through a pine forest over quite a distance and 200 riders needed first aid after getting to the finish. I heard its like walking through nettles to be stung by a swam of bees. Just like my friggin shingles at moment. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:anger:anger:anger

Can relate to the shingles; been there some years ago; after the chicken pox.

Can relate to the shingles; been there some years ago; after the chicken pox.

Me too, my mother had it - went to her eyes, she lost a lot of her sight.
Mrs Og had it too, shortly after our Son was born - Christ She was in a bad way.

Take Care Mick and i hope you cope well mate.

For those with gardens in sunnier climbs where these blighters exist, you can shoot the nests with an insecticide pellet. A new Tosser sport is born. ATT will need a sub machine gun for his patch.:mcgun

I read somewhere about spraying the caterpillar with hairspray to fix the hairs.
Not sure whether it would work or do any good.
Seems best advice is to just avoid.

Tom

I read somewhere about spraying the caterpillar with hairspray to fix the hairs.

I read that too, but its nothing to do with reducing the hazard, merely to ensure that they continue to look good all day long.

Accidentally touched once but only got skin rash - it did look really bad for a bit then it got better shortly after. I guess I was lucky.

Anyone know where I can get some of these? I have a scrote that could do with a few crawling all over him......

Back
Top Bottom